Sunday, July 24, 2011

Margherita Pizza - Joe finds his inner Italian

The basil in the garden was ready for picking which was handy because Joe suggested Margherita pizza for the menu this week. So, I dug up a pizza dough recipe that I have been wanting to try and we made it an event of it.





Again, I used Gwenth's recipe for the pizza sauce. It was super easy and turned out creamy and delish. See the pizza dough in the background, already rising.





After about an hour the dough is ready and Joe sets out to roll out the dough, channeling his inner Italian.

With the dough rolled out, he starts on the first pizza.
She's a beauty!



I try the tossing method. It was easier than I thought!

Please disregard my evil red eyes. Dang flash!



Matthew lends a helping hand. He loves to make a mess/pizza.




Joe's finished masterpiece! We both agreed that we went too light with the basil, could have used more~ but it was really tasty all the same. I'll definitely try it topped with arugula next time.



Carson isn't much of an eater, but finished managed to his plate for the first time in a long time.




Matthew approved!
Is there anything more perfect than pizza from scratch! And boys that actually enjoy their dinner. It was so delicious, and I have leftover dough and sauce for calzones and another Greco dinner adventure. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

dp said...

I love that you made an event of it. It gets everyone in the kitchen. And pizza is the perfect food for it- everyone loves pizza!