Monday, March 16, 2009

What the pregnant lady is eating: Eggs.

This is a new series that I am doing. Since I am almost 4 months pregnant I thought I'd document what I am eating, since that seems to be the thing I do most these days (eating that is, not making babies! Although, I can understand if you thought it was the latter.) Also, I participate in a few pregnancy blogs and chat rooms and the ladies are obsessed with what everyone else is eating. The question "What's for lunch" is the most popular post, sometimes with over 60 comments/answers daily. I suppose we all love food!

It was clean-out-the-fridge night, last Wednesday. I made a mish-m0sh fried rice using left over peas, broccoli, Spam and green onions, and 3 day old rice. Garnish with lots of Sambal, pickled onions (I'm preggers people!) and light soy. It was very tasty!




My breakfasts have been mainly eggs and more eggs. If I don't have an egg or two in the morning, I get really light headed by mid-morning. I think the protein helps even out my blood sugar.
I buy the eggs with the high Omega 3 content, since it is good for me and baby.

1 comment:

dp said...

When I was pregnant with my son, I only pancakes or toast the first 3 or 4 months, until the morning sickness subsided.

After that, I ate everything but eggs. They reminded to me too much of my pregnancy. Crazy, huh?